Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:50:20 -0500

duckrvr_at_... wrote:
> This brings up another point, though. I am under the impression that after
> the die roll is resolved, you roll to inflict casualties for each stand OF
> YOURS in hth, rather than rolling to inflict casualties on each of your
> opponents stands in contact.

Does that only specify how many dice are rolled, or does the die
rolled for each of your stands have to kill something in contact
with that stand?

> probably die, even though they fought the Orks off. That's just the penalty
> for being outnumbered 2 to 1. I think this makes sense. After all, if they
> won by a sufficient amount (like 3 or 4), the marines would probably
> survive. In a closely contested combat (only won by one point), being
> outnumbered by 2 to 1 should be certain death, and even if you do drive off
> the opposition (per this example) the unit will rarely be combat worthy
> afterward (hence the stand is eliminated).
I had been thinking of it that the number of opponents is reflected
in the Assault values, and thus normalized and not needing to be
taken into account here. But I agree with your interpretation.

andy
askinner_at_...