Re: [Epic] Base Effects (and painting Chapter Colors.)

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 13:34:32 +0100

> I decided to go with the Blood Angel chapter
> colors for my space marines. I picked up a Citadel spray can of Blood
> Angel Red, only to find it is more closely, orange. I picked up the
> Chestnut wash because Red wash was too subtle to bring out the grooves.
> It actually works well as a base color if you apply the Chestnut wash
> after the base coat, then dry brush with a deep red. Anyone else
> painting their space marines Blood Angel colors? If so, what is your
> technique?

Red paint sucks, period. Therefore I wouldn't paint Blood Angels.
There are so many other chapters to paint where (i) you're not tied to
the great GW fluff machine telling you how to organise you're troops
(particulary as the information changes with alarming frequency - such
as the way in which the different squads are identified) and (ii) you
can come up with colour schemes which are every bit as bold and
striking, but without the heartaches caused by red paint.

All IMHO, of course. :)

Richard