RE: [Epic] Base Effects (and painting Chapter Colors.)

From: Mark Leaman <mleaman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 10:27:56 -0400

Almost exactly what I do. Except I use the Citadel green flocking (just
because of preference) and The Armory's Russian Green or Equine Black.
I just paint onto the primed base and dip it into the flocking. It
holds as well as glue, and after a coat of matte finish, stays just as
well. Usually I leave the edges unflocked, and paint them a dull, drab
color (such as dark brown, sandy tan, dark gray, dark green or black)
to help denote different units. I'm pretty new to the whole GW hobby,
and EPIC40k is my first Warhammer based game (Necromunda/Bloodbowl
previously and still). I decided to go with the Blood Angel chapter
colors for my space marines. I picked up a Citadel spray can of Blood
Angel Red, only to find it is more closely, orange. I picked up the
Chestnut wash because Red wash was too subtle to bring out the grooves.
It actually works well as a base color if you apply the Chestnut wash
after the base coat, then dry brush with a deep red. Anyone else
painting their space marines Blood Angel colors? If so, what is your
technique?