RE: [Epic] Your Neighborhood

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:25:44 -0500

At 05:03 PM 5/13/97 -0500, you wrote:

>----> Ah yes, the Infamous PRIMER LEGION - They have members from every
>known race , and even a few others. (and yes, I personally have gotten
>damn picky about this when playing at a store or otherwise "in public",
>though when we try 'em out in private we don't care...)

RANT WARNING

My friend that owns the hobby shops used to require all figs to be painted
(or well on the way) in order to play in the store. Unfortunately, it was a
small town that he started in and it ticked some people off who subsequently
took their business elsewhere. He relaxed the rules, hoping that by letting
them play, it would encourage everyone to get good paint jobs started.
Primer looks really bad when the other guys figs have a sweet paint job. He
now has two stores in larger cities, including one in the busiest mall in
Nashville, and still allows people to play on store tables with unpainted
figs. Personally, I think that at least in the mall store he should require
a large majority of minis to be painted. It looks so much more appealing,
and I'm sure it would help his walk-in business.

I can't stand to play against someone who has a bunch of gray lumps out on
the board, and I feel really horrible when I field even a couple models
without good paint jobs. As a result, I do have some semi-crappy paint jobs
because "I just have to get the unit finished for the game tomorrow."
However, they still look good on the table top (like any epic model doesnt'
look pretty good at arm's length).

Temp