Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 03:18:41 -0500

At 03:50 PM 5/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>> This brings up another point, though. I am under the impression that after
>> the die roll is resolved, you roll to inflict casualties for each stand OF
>> YOURS in hth, rather than rolling to inflict casualties on each of your
>> opponents stands in contact.
>
>Does that only specify how many dice are rolled, or does the die
>rolled for each of your stands have to kill something in contact
>with that stand?

Just how many dice. Like a firefight, or normal shooting, the specific
targeter/target is irrelevant.

>> probably die, even though they fought the Orks off. That's just the penalty
>> for being outnumbered 2 to 1. I think this makes sense. After all, if they
>> won by a sufficient amount (like 3 or 4), the marines would probably
>> survive. In a closely contested combat (only won by one point), being
>> outnumbered by 2 to 1 should be certain death, and even if you do drive off
>> the opposition (per this example) the unit will rarely be combat worthy
>> afterward (hence the stand is eliminated).
>I had been thinking of it that the number of opponents is reflected
>in the Assault values, and thus normalized and not needing to be
>taken into account here. But I agree with your interpretation.

It is to a certain extent. But the AV is based on five guys, and only vastly
superior skill and/or equipment is a match for sheer numbers in hth, Bruce
Lee and Steven Segall not withstanding. In short, I think 10 guys (2
stands) with AV1 should be a tought fight for 5 guys with AV3.

Temp