[Epic][CHAT] Australia the land of broken marriages?

From: Antony Van Der Linden <Antony.VanDerLinden_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:44:45 +1000 (EST)

> On Tue, 13 May 1997, Chris Weigt wrote:
>
> > Chris
> > (from the land downunder, where 2/3 marriages fail. We're the sensible
> > country 8)

      Chris I don't know where you're getting your statistics from matey,
but AFAIK divorce rates in Oz are 1/2 at the very worst, and this is
usually quoted only when some high profile psychiatrist is trying to sell
a new book on the subject. From watching (I hate to say it) the occasional
bit of imported US daytime telly, 2/3 is the US divorce rate.
        Just off the top of my head, thinking back to school (bout 5 yrs
ago) maybe 50% of the kids were in one parent families, but that includes
widow(er)ed parents as well. But, anyway...

Thanks,
        Tony.

 Tony VanDerLinden - | Department of Computer Science
 E-mail: | James Cook University of North Queensland
 Antony.VanDerLinden_at_... | Australia