Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 03:27:11 -0500

At 03:59 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> If you roll for each OPPOSING model in contact then you actually are at a
>> penalty when you outnumber your opponent.
>
> What do you mean by this? That you roll 1 die
>for each enemy in base-to-base, regardless of how many
>stands you have in base-to-base? That's a pretty odd
>interpretation.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, and I think it is wrong. In the first
game I played we fought a close combat and rolled to remove each model in
contact after the cc result was determined. So, if your opponent had two
stands in contact, you got to roll for each. Upon reflection, I think this
was a mistake. Upon further reflection, I realize that maybe I was
projecting my own stupidity into the example that was posted.

>> Is this how everyone else is playing? I get the impression (like from the
>> example above)
>
> I think the original poster simply misread the
>Rampage rules (or maybe we misread them and he got them
>right...).

Maybe so. Or maybe I misunderstood his specific situation. I believe he
meant that his rampagers that were out of range were destroyed when his
detachment lost hth. When I originally read it I thought he meant that a
couple of opposing rampagers had decimated his unit by killing stands that
weren't in hth.

>> that most people are playing a sort of holdover from 2nd
>> edition where you roll to eliminate each of your opponents stands in hth.
>
> Well you do, kinda. You roll dice equal to the
>number of models you have in base contact with enemy
>models, and apply hits against any enemy models in base
>contact with your own.

Well, we agree on this, then. Apparently, I'm just crocked.

Temp