Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: W. Gregory Klett <cyclops_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 18:06:26 -0500

>>> I really don't like the idea that the loss of one 10 pt. bike can cause
>>> a whole 600 pt. Detachment to rout.
>>>
>>> This can't be right, or is it? tell me I read the rules wrong. Please.
>>
>>And it get's even worse if you have rampage units in there....
>>I once lost about 8 units (rampager) due to a CC, in which two was
>>involved and only two more suported....
>>It felt really strange to remove the oner thet was some 30 cm from the CC
>>and had no enemys in sight....
>
>I could be wrong, but I don't think it's that bad. The rule for rampagers
>is that they cannot retreat, not that they are automatically destroyed.
>This means that any rampager involved in a CC or firefight will be
>destroyed if his detachment loses (since they are by definition within
>15 cm). But the ones too far away from any enemy to be in a fire fight
>are, by definition, too far away to be destroyed when their detatchment
>retreats, so they will simply stay put.
>
>It would be possible for a rampager in a losing detachment to be destroyed
>in a CC in which he was not directly involved, but not in a firefight.
>
>David

 The quick quote from the rules card is as follows;
 "Rampage: Roll two dice to score hits in close combat. Rampage units are
always caught by the enemy and destroyed if they lose a close combat."

 To me, this seems to be really clear that any rampagers in a broken
detachment are simply destroyed, regardless of where they were in relation
to the combat. This seem to make the Assault Spawn a real risk to have
around.

  Greg Klett

| W. Gregory Klett | Those that can, do! |
| cyclops_at_... | Those that could and won't, dream. |
| | Those that can't, pretend and brag about it! |