Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: Andreas Richert <aic_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:00:10 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 14 May 1997, W. Gregory Klett wrote:

> >>And it get's even worse if you have rampage units in there....
> >>I once lost about 8 units (rampager) due to a CC, in which two was
> >>involved and only two more suported....
> >>It felt really strange to remove the oner thet was some 30 cm from the CC
> >>and had no enemys in sight....
> >
> >I could be wrong, but I don't think it's that bad. The rule for rampagers
> >is that they cannot retreat, not that they are automatically destroyed.
> >This means that any rampager involved in a CC or firefight will be
> >destroyed if his detachment loses (since they are by definition within
> >15 cm). But the ones too far away from any enemy to be in a fire fight
> >are, by definition, too far away to be destroyed when their detatchment
> >retreats, so they will simply stay put.
> >
> >It would be possible for a rampager in a losing detachment to be destroyed
> >in a CC in which he was not directly involved, but not in a firefight.
> >
> >David
>
> The quick quote from the rules card is as follows;
> "Rampage: Roll two dice to score hits in close combat. Rampage units are
> always caught by the enemy and destroyed if they lose a close combat."

Actully in the rule book (p 37) it says (under rampage)
" Fluff.....get 2 dice....Rampage units are so berserk that they may not
retreat from combat. this means that rampage units are always caught by
the enemy and destroyed if they lose close combat."

Which seems to indicate that they only die if they are on CC....or maybe
if they are within 15 cm of the enemy....

> To me, this seems to be really clear that any rampagers in a broken
> detachment are simply destroyed, regardless of where they were in relation
> to the combat. This seem to make the Assault Spawn a real risk to have
> around.

Trust GW to make diffuse rules...:-(

A.I.C. rules for CHAOS
Andreas Richert