Re: [Epic] Trolls

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:48:12 -0400

Erik Rutins wrote:

> I never played with Trolls under SM/TL, but I recently ended up with
> two stands of them (10 Trolls)

        That's 10 stands (1 to a base), which is how many you
needed to field them.

> through a trade, so I'm curious to see
> what you all come up with. How did they work in SM/TL?

        They came in a detachment of 10 troll stands + a chaos
champion stand (similar to a chaos lord on foot). Every turn
you would have to roll to see what orders they went on - I
think it's 1-2 Advance, 3-6 Charge. If the champion died, the
roll was 1-3 do nothing, 4-6 Charge. Much too complicated for
Epic 40k, but I like the idea of rolling the order dice.

        Other than that, they had a really high CAF, an armor
save (rare for infantry in SM/TL, probably the equivalent of a
6+ Armor in E40k), and if they were killed they had a half chance
of regenerating at the end of the turn (could probably turn that
into the Save ability in E40k).

Scott
shupes_at_...