Re: [Epic] Rampage (was: got my Epic 40K)

From: W. Gregory Klett <cyclops_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:53:45 -0500

>W. Gregory Klett wrote:
>>
>> The quick quote from the rules card is as follows;
>> "Rampage: Roll two dice to score hits in close combat. Rampage units are
>> always caught by the enemy and destroyed if they lose a close combat."
>>
>> To me, this seems to be really clear that any rampagers in a broken
>> detachment are simply destroyed, regardless of where they were in relation
>> to the combat. This seem to make the Assault Spawn a real risk to have
>> around.
>
> But that's just the summary. I don't have my rules
>with me, but I'm pretty sure in the Rules(?) Book, when talking
>about retreating, simply states that rampagers cannot make a
>retreat move and thus are killed if they were within 15cm of the
>enemy. Rampagers are still a risk, they just aren't a liability.
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

 It actually says the same in the rule book with the phrasing "Rampage
units are so berserk that they may not retreat from combat. This means
Rampage units are always caught by the enemy and destroyed if they lose
a close combat." p37 of the rule book.
 I still think that this makes Rampaging units more of a liability than
an asset. The Bugs may usually win in CC but the following fire fight will
clear out all of those nasty Carnifex's and Assault Spawn with ease.

 I'm thinking of fielding a pure Termagant/Hormugaunt force with a
few 'stealers for the shock force. The rest of the bugs may show later,
other than the Harridans and Gargoyles which are a must!

  Greg Klett

| W. Gregory Klett | Those that can, do! |
| cyclops_at_... | Those that could and won't, dream. |
| | Those that can't, pretend and brag about it! |