Re: [Epic] Re: playing unpainted

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 22:45:15 -0700

Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> Well excuse me for breathing, I'll just go out and shoot myself shall I?

No,Stop at once and Yes,Immediately respectively. :)

> That guy was clearly an asshole. I can understand the shop wanting
> people to use painted figures - it sells more product, but I don't think
> that ANYONE around here has said that they wouldn't play with someone
> whose figures weren't painted well enough (that would be
> anally-retentive behaviour to the highest degree). And I wouldn't
> refuse to play anyone whose figures were unpainted. But I've taken a
> little time and trouble to paint my figures, I can't see why my opponent
> shouldn't do the same. Its not difficult to paint an army. Use spray
> paints. A single coat of red / blue (whatever) will do. If you then
> overpaint with an ink wash, and paint the base, you'll have aq perfectly
> respectable paint job.

Concur completely. Agree with your whole post.

> Lower the temperature, please. Just because we disagree on a matter of
> aesthetics doesn't make either of us idiots.

Dunno about you, but I manage to be an idiot even without any
disagreement at all...

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture