[Epic]The Great Paint Religious Controversy

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 22:20:38 -0700

Robert Lenghaus wrote:

> People who whinge on about people playing with unpainted minitures REALY
> annoy me.

As I have no wish to annoy anyone, especially such a good bloke as
Robert L., I'll try not to whinge....

I really prefer playing against a painted army. Even if it's the just a
Basecoat + wash and a painted base.

In a friendly game, sure, I'll accept whatever my opponent brings. But
after playing against the same (unpainted) models for the umpteenth time
though, I usually ask my opponent's permission to paint the darn things.
They usually agree. A quick spray job with matt white, wait a day or
two, then a single colour thinned 2:1 with water, and they're done
adequately.

I don't field anything of my own unpainted. My own painting skills are
pretty meagre, but they'll do. After the basic treatment (see above),
I'll often spend a few hours here and there, painting tyres black,
adding trim etc so that after about 10 games, my figs look almost as
good as some that my opponents field.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture