Re: [Epic] Re:Trolls n Minotaurs

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 16:30:46 -0400 (EDT)

>> I'm already having nightmares about entire daemon
>> detachments consisting of only greater daemons...
>
> Well, I would be too, if GDs were as powerful
>as they were in 2nd edition. Unfortunately, they're
>not. A detachment of 10 GDs is just as vulnerable to
>being shot up as a detachment of 10 lesser daemons,
>and the GD det. costs a HELL of a lot more.

While we're on the topic of daemons, could somebody explain how daemon
detachment are structured. Basically, my reading of the rules is that
you can field up to 5 daemon packs per detatchment, and each pack can
contain 1 to 5 daemons of whichever list (so a max of 25 daemons per
detachment). My confusion stems from why all the units are listed
as X cost/unit, while GDs are not. Does this mean that you can only
put 1 GD in a pack; if so, where does it actually say this, cause I
couldn't find the rule. If there is no difference between GDs and
LDs (beside stats), why write them up differently?

David