Re: [Epic] Daemon Detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 17:09:05 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> While we're on the topic of daemons, could somebody explain how daemon
> detachment are structured. Basically, my reading of the rules is that
> you can field up to 5 daemon packs per detatchment, and each pack can
> contain 1 to 5 daemons of whichever list (so a max of 25 daemons per
> detachment). My confusion stems from why all the units are listed
> as X cost/unit, while GDs are not. Does this mean that you can only
> put 1 GD in a pack;

        That was my interpretation, although going back and looking
at it now I see that there's no real support for that. Hmmm... well,
I don't think it should make much difference really. Who's going to
field 25 Bloodthirsters at 29 pts per?

> if so, where does it actually say this, cause I
> couldn't find the rule. If there is no difference between GDs and
> LDs (beside stats), why write them up differently?

        uhmmm... hmmm... well, they are the detachment HQs. That's
the only real (stated) difference I can see.

Scott
shupes_at_...