Re: [Epic] Postage to Australia

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 12:22:56 +1000 (EST)

>This is a question to those living in the aforemention country (see subject).
>
>I'm about to buy some Space Marine stuff of an a guy in the U.S of A (two of
>the expansion boxes to be precise due to the member of our gaming group who
>owned Armies of the Emperium and Ork and Squat Warlords moving interstate
>- bastard)
>
>I was just wondering what the best way to get these sent to Sydney was, because
>I have heard a few unflattering remarks about the U.S. postal service and I was
>just wishing to perhaps gain some insight to the collected wisdom of this
mailing list. Well the part of the list that lives in Australia and has
bought stuff
>off people in America anyway...

Well, here's the thing. If you are impatient like me, don't go for surface
mail. It sucks. I ordered some stuff from Rider's Mail Order in the U.S.
last month and am still waiting for it to arrive. They state that the
Surface Mail will take about 5-6 weeks, but it still feels like a helluva
long time. I've been constantly checking the mail for weeks and eing
dissapointed every time! Go for Airmail or whatever their equivalent is.
It should only take about a week that way, but it IS considerably more
expensive, especially on large, heavy orders.

-Kelvin.....

   "I'm very angry now. I may even be tingling."
                     -The Tick
         email: kx.henderson_at_...