Re: [Epic] WD209

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 19:14:23 -0700

WD209 has 2 interesting E40K articles in. One is "How to go about
choosing an army". The other is an example army.

Now, first let me say that I'm not a member of the "Bashers of Gavin
Thorpe Brigade". Having said that, the article on an example SM army by
that worthy individual is less than good. Maybe he was given a bit of a
Mission Impossible in trying to make a good army out of what the folks
at GW include in an E40K box, but even that is debateable. For one
thing, he was given free rein with the new minis, Landspeeders, et al.

Anyway, if you read the "How to go about choosing an Epic army" article,
you'll find out that his army breaks a cardinal rule: keep the movement
rates consistent. The example army has fast stuff mixed with lubering
dreadnoughts, sort of a worst-of-both-worlds approach.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture