Re: [Epic][E40K] Terrain

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 01:06:11 -0500

At 10:47 PM 5/19/97 -0700, you wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;Do you mount your trees on washers,or coins,or card?Do
>you clump them or mount them singally. I mount the majority of them in
>little groves,on odd shapped card,keep about 10% singles,and then use
>green felt to mark the area of the woods.I also find many dried floral
>items used as backgruonds for flowers make excellent trees in our
>scale.

I get a cheap sheet of seconds or damaged paneling. They are usually about
$5 at Lowe's, 4'x8' and about 1/4" thick. A keyhole saw will cut them
quickly, and in any shape you need. Some rough sandpaper (about 60 or 80
grit) will smooth and slope the edges nicely. I spray the paneling green
(it takes a couple coats to seal the wood and get the color), glue the trees
down with Elmer's, and flock. With the plastic trees they are sturdy and
look fine, not Golden Daemon or anything, but functional. You can even
stack them without worrying about hurting them.

Temp