Re: [Epic] Re:Trolls n Minotaurs

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 01:35:41 -0500

At 11:21 AM 5/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> the Plague towers, the Slaanesh titans . . .
>
> I haven't used the tower yet, but it looks like it pretty
>much sucks now. Armor of 5+, no shields, and a move of 10cm. Might
>as well have your guys walk.

I've never thought it was good for a transport, anyway. But IIRC, the
weaponry is pretty good.

> And the points cost on the slaanesh titans is screwed up.
>Questors might be OK, but I can't see anyone fielding Subjugators.

True. I'm still undecide on whether it would be worth it to take a
titan-hunter.

>> The armor restriction does suck, however. On the plus side, they can take
>> fliers as CSM units,
>
> Um, how?

They are listed in the CSM armor unit list. Look in the unit summary.

>> Daemon engines are listed under CSM units. So they can take a rather
>> well-rounded force and still get a 5 strategy rating.
>
> True, but that's true of most armies anyway. AFAIK there's
>nothing in the SM army you couldn't take in a normal SM detachment.

Yes, that's true, but I was just pointing out that CSMs aren't at a
particular disadvantage compared to SM.

> And doing so requires a not insubstantial overhead cost
>since you have to buy your CSM main force before you can take the
>support stuff.

How much support do you usually take? If you take one infantry detachment,
a bike company, and a heavy company, you can take a titan, an air cover
detachment, and a LR company. Plus the Supreme Commander can take an armor
unit, so that's a fourth armor unit. That's a pretty well rounded force
that's gonna be about 2-3000 points.

> I'm not trying to bitch a lot here, I was merely pointing
>out in my previous post that chaos may be good at close combat, but
>it also has it's share of weaknesses.

I don't think chaos has a real down side, except that if you take non-CSM
units (like daemons) your initiative drops to 3. But I also remain
unconvinced that CC is monstrously tough, so I think people whinig about how
awesome GDs are are just over-reacting.

Temp