Re: [Epic] First Epic 40k battle

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 07:21:04 PDT

You wrote :
>Je suis Desolee.... Naturellement, vous et (what's "Correct" en
>Francais?)

Correct in French is Correct... You were not far of the answer.

I've fought against Eldars last week-end. As it was a little 500

points battle we fought that il would be a question of 3 hours...
Hum... We began at 21.00 pm and finished at 03.00 am... It was a very

hard battle!
I made a battle report about it for my site but it's in French for

the moment so this is a little summary in English.
First, I decided not to change my army. Your help (and the help of

all the other members of the Space Marine List) was very nice

(herr... C'etait tres sympa de m'aider! How do you say this in

English?) but I thought that I wasn't very honnest to field a well

balanced army against Christophe (the Eldar player) who couldn't have

any help at all...
So I could see how my Land Raiders detachment was a mistake... It was

destroyed before it could make any dommages (only a poor aspect

warriors stand...). My assault detachment was very effective.
So the battle began : my army had to stay in position and to stop the

Eldar forces. The Alcarinque Craftworld wanted to take back its

artefacts but my Iron Wolves Chapter did not agree so...
I was waiting for Christophe and I fought that he would look for a

close assault fight... How stupid I was (heu... not so stupid, quand

meme!)! During all the battle I had to run after the Eldar forces :

their tactic was, I hit and I go back before the ennemy can

respond... Their range was far better than mine (90cm against only

45cm).
But I managed to win this game! Miracle! In fact, Christophe could

not run during all the game because he had to take some objectives to

win... And when his forces came in contact with my assault detachment

(the terrible Blood Fang) he began to understand how powerful were

the imperial warriors... I destroyed his two detachments quickly and

he had to retreat... :)

With this first battle I'm more and more confident that Epic 40k is a

great game, of course there is lot of work to make it better but we

must give it a chance!

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my page : http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/