Re: [Epic]E40K Orks, Blood Axe Mob et al

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 19:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

>>3 Mekboy gargants (still don't know how I want to represent the
>> kustom force field).
>
>I was thinking about this last night as I looked at the stats for the Great
>Gargant that came in WD 209. I thought the easiest way to represent the
>Mekboy Gargant in Epic97 would be to give it the following:
>
>It has the Kustom Kannon as a fixed weapon. Roll an Artillery Dice for its
>Firepower (A "Misfire" causes Critical damage perhaps?), but otherwise its
>the same as a standard Heavy Weapon Battery, plus it can choose either a CC
>weapon or the Lifta Droppa for its other weapon.

This was pretty much my thought for the weapons as well. I was thinking
about rolling 2D6 for the firepower of the kustom kannon, but the
artillery dice are kool by me (ork stuff should be self destructive).
I think that a misfire should cause a hit, or a chance of a hit, with
any hit having the normal chance of a critical.

>Other stats as for a Warhound,

I assume Warhounds have a 6 AV. If not, then I think the mekboy Gargant
should, since it is the best armored gargant in SM/TL.

>but instead of Power Fields or Void Shields, it has a degrading
>version of the Holo Field as a Kustom Force Field. 2+ first turn, 3+
>second, 4+ third and so on until it shuts down in the seventh. Simple, but
>Orky. Can't say what points I'd give it as I have yet to see the points for
>any of the new units. Any good?

I like that idea. I was thinking of simply giving it a save. But this
is more orky (IMO).

> "I'm very angry now. I may even be tingling."
> -The Tick

One of my (many) favorites:

"Villainous brain swapper, you face the Tick!"
"No, I face a zebra. You face the Tick."

(Of course, this makes no sense to anyone who hasn't seen that episode ;)

David