Re: [Epic]E40K Orks, Blood Axe Mob et al

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 08:23:18 +1000 (EST)

>3 Mekboy gargants (still don't know how I want to represent the
> kustom force field).

I was thinking about this last night as I looked at the stats for the Great
Gargant that came in WD 209. I thought the easiest way to represent the
Mekboy Gargant in Epic97 would be to give it the following:

It has the Kustom Kannon as a fixed weapon. Roll an Artillery Dice for its
Firepower (A "Misfire" causes Critical damage perhaps?), but otherwise its
the same as a standard Heavy Weapon Battery, plus it can choose either a CC
weapon or the Lifta Droppa for its other weapon. Other stats as for a
Warhound, but instead of Power Fields or Void Shields, it has a degrading
version of the Holo Field as a Kustom Force Field. 2+ first turn, 3+
second, 4+ third and so on until it shuts down in the seventh. Simple, but
Orky. Can't say what points I'd give it as I have yet to see the points for
any of the new units. Any good?

-Kelvin.....

   "I'm very angry now. I may even be tingling."
                     -The Tick
         email: kx.henderson_at_...