Re: [Epic] Re:Trolls n Minotaurs

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 02:07:59 -0700

Kelvin wrote:

> BTW, what ARE the new armaments on the Epic97 version of the Mega Gargant,
> and what do they do? And is the "newer" Mega Gargant worth taking at all?
> I know the 2nd Ed. one was virtually useless.

I must strongly disagree about the MegaG being useless under 2nd ed.
Properly supported - usually by a BigMob and a few cards of tanks - it
was an excellent device against anything except Titans. Whereas the Big
Mob was great against Titans, but less than wonderful against anything
else.

Alas, the Great Gragant's Gutbuster is now no longer a
shield-knocker-downer, it's just a Megacannon, a la Quake Cannon. Good,
but against Titans, distinctly less than wonderful, in fact, pretty darn
poor.

The Mega G OTOH has a Death Ray, firepower equal to 8 or so LeMann
Russes, plus a few extras. If anything, it's more powerful rather than
less.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture