RE: [Epic] Stress fractures etc

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:51:46 PDT

> >Brian, I'd suggest you take up knitting, but you'd probably stab
> >yourself with the needles. :)
> >
> >So the challenge is on - can we find a new hobby for Brian where
there
> >is no possibility for him to injure himself?
>
> Don't let him do anything that has to do with rope, twine, yarn, or
thread.
> He might accidentally cut off the circulation to one of his limbs...
>
> How about botany. Reading is a nice safe hobby too.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Your friendly QA Systems Test Project Leader,
>
> William A. Calderwood
> wac_at_...

Seeing these replies cheers me up no end, thanks peeps!

Sorry to stay off thread but a couple of points:
Reading - All the time, including while crossing roads (acquired skill
        much like parachuting - get it right first time)
Botany - Recently returned from jungle training in Belize - Poisonous
        plants, white sap and 'bastard' trees and Cyprus where even
        the petals have thorns
Train Spotting - (not the Irvine Welsh kind) stole log books as
        souvenirs (quote from one 'Engine has flat tyre, unsuitable
        for shunting and dangerous above 5mph') and hopscotched across
        live rails
Television - chewed through power cable before I could walk
Driving - During one lesson I had to lose police car, in another the
        instructor got oout swearing I'd never get in his car again
        while the back seat passenger crawled out looking pale, shaken
        and speechless, drove over a pedestrian island and the wrong
        way up a one way street at 4am in a thuderstorm while wearing
        sunglasses (When the WPC looked at me and said "Drugs?", I
        declined saying I was probably in too much trouble already.
        Big tip - always drive this way sober, the paper work is
        horrendous and puts police off formal charging ;) )
Skiing - backwards
Banqueting - arm engulfed in flame while raising a toast
RPG - one of my thief characters pickpocketed my other character so I
        passed a secret note to the DM asking what I found as I didn't
        want myself to know! (Yeah, that stuns even me)
Swimming - when 9 formally cautioned for sinking a boat and using it
        as a diving board, in the Mexican Pacific, encountered an
        enormouos eel and 2 water snakes, in Belize a patrol river
        crossing with 'a 2 foot crocodile' Native guide later
        explained you only ever see the tip of their nostrils and
        their eyes, you work it out)
Fell walking - broke ankle leaping between boulders, later spent
        afternoon in adventure park
Camping - filled tent with cooking gas then couldn't get wet matches
        to light, opened boil-in-bag rations by putting knife through
        thumb, chose not to swat wood ants on my leg with the hand
        holding the felling saw - instead I swung the other hard
        enough to glance off my leg and impale on the saw

I think you should know though that I'm considered the quiet
unadventurous one by people who know me, just don't get me started on
why I gave up drinking! ("But its my right as a tax-payer that you
arrest me officer!")

BTW Temp is right about the magnums, don't try that at home kids.

Cheers,

Bonzo!

        "...Come back and I'll bite your knees off!"