Re: [Epic] Re:Trolls n Minotaurs

From: Andreas Richert <aic_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:29:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 23 May 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 04:43 PM 5/22/97 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >> Chaos has an intercept of 4, but they only have armor of 4. I'll take a
> >> good armor value any day. Doomwings may work once, but they are popcorn.
> >
> >Yeah but you only ned ti hit them to make them aboart the mission, and if
> >they do they can't fight back either....Having a higher intercept will to
> >just fine...
>
> Last time I played I had five doomwings intercept 3 thawks. In the end the
> thawks took no damage (not even to cause repair), and the doomwings lost 2
> units, and the rest had to be repaired.

Yeah, but the TH's are incradably mean nowadays....AV 6+ *shrug*, but they
cost for it.

> >> Barrages are SHWs, so each BM removes a barrage template.
> >
> >SHW's are'ntaffected by BM's at all......that's at least how the GW people
> >at our convention ruled, but they aren't the primarchs either. I would
> >think that each BM reduced the FP ith one as for any other troops...
>
> SHWs clearly ARE affected by BMs. At the beginning of the section on SHWs
> where it gives the chart (p.31, I think) for placing blast markers caused by
> SHWs it specifies that it refers to the number of SHWs firing before taking
> into account assault orders or blast markers. So, obvioulsy, they ARE
> affected by BMs.

True. But shouldn't barrages and heavy barrages just lose FP like any
other unit. This is how I think it should be. Maybe we should make that a
Q&A.

> Besides, Jervis answered the unofficial Q&A that they are affected as an fp 1.

Yes, but are alll SHW tearted in hte same way? Barrages and Heavy Barrages
do differ from the rest of them a bit.

> Temp

A.I.C. rules for CHAOS
Andreas Richert