Re: [Epic] 5th Element, Starship Troopers

From: Alex Leonard <aleon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:53:53 +0000

*chunk*
> As a fan of the book of Starship Troopers I've been looking at the
> Heinlein newsgroup for info on the movie. I suspect I'm going to be
> seriously disapointed. Dead right NO power armour. The bugs have
> suddenly retroed and have no weapons except claws and stings (how they
> build starships I will be intrigued to find out) The few shots of the
> movie I have seen show massed infantry assaults from drop ships with
> troops looking like Space Above and Beyond ripoffs oh dear 8(.....0
> Basically the exclusion of power armour has changed the scenes totaly.
> In the books troops fought at least a couple of hundreds metres between
> each other, now the look like a charge from WWI.

Yeah that's what it looked like in the previews (last summer?) A
whole bunch of big bugs leaping of barrack walls while some barely
clad humans fended them off with little laser rifles.

Leonard of the Grinning skulls
> Rob L.

This Message brought to you by
Flashing Techno Industries of
Miscellaneous Incorporated
The home of the Psychadelic Lemon Factory