Re: [Epic] 5th Element and Batman rant

From: Waiming Poo-Cheong <waiming.poo-cheong_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 10:30:43 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 24 May 1997, oki_at_... wrote:

> At 08:26 PM 5/23/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> >er...i think Uma Thurman, not "pretty woman", was Poison Ivy, and
> >personally speaking Batgirl (Alicia S) was the most offensive character in
> >the movie.
> >
> How so ? In a sexy way or the puking way ? It is not showing here yet.

She reminded me of Spammy (sorry Pammy) "Barbed Wire" Anderson. the
sight of a babe trying to look tough in black leather and on a bike was
simply hilarious (this applies to both movies and no, i'm not being
sexist here)
but to be fair to the movie, i must confess that these impressions were
formed after having seen only the "coming attractions" screen shots.

btw I agree that Arnie would make a great Bane. just that this would
involve Azrael becoming the new Batman (yet another extra character), and
assuming the movie stays true to the comics, the Arkham breakout and its
consequences would be just too complicated/lengthy for the movie.

sigh! guess i'll just have to wait for 5th element to open here. (it was
only after arriving here that i realised that movies in the UK actually
open a couple of months later than in Singapore)

"What is your duty?"
"That we fight and die for the Emperor"

"What is death?"
"It is our duty"

"What is your duty?"

just thought i'll sign off with that amusing litany

Waiming