Re: [Epic] two Epic systems vs Ancients

From: E. Sund <esund_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 00:40:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Andy Skinner wrote:

> sauron1 wrote:
> >
> > Sauron1 writes;Richard! You play other games too!. I have 8 DBA armies
> > and am working on a 15mm 7yrs War army,as well as setting up an Epic2nd
> > campain.I have an ACW Johny Reb rules army of 5 brigades of four regimnts
> > per brigade plus cavalry and artillery per side. My sons play Warzone as
> > well and we have 50 odd figures there.Epic is only one facit of our hoby
> > to! sauron1
> I'm waiting for my copy of Fantasy Rules! (exclamation part of the
> name). It is obviously decended from Hordes of the Things (though
> not from the same company), which is directly decended from DBA.
> I'm hoping that the main improvement will be readability.
>
> I like Full Thrust, and quite a pile of board games.
>
> andy
> askinner_at_...

Hello, there. I've been curious about DBM/DBA/usw for some time but
didn't really have a good idea of how to start. I would be more likely to
try if I felt I could convince some friends to join me. This would be
easier if the game was inexpensive, as some of you have said DBA (?) is.
Some of the figures you quote are quite low! Exactly what kind of mini
system are you describing? Are they 6mm or 15mm? As I understand it
there are several models per base. Does each model represent 1 soldier or
more? How many models would a typical battle actually use (per side)?
If you could lend me a hand with understanding the nature of this system,
I would be most grateful. I suppose I should just go down to the local
hobby shop and ask, but after work and classes, I don't have a lt of
opportunites to reach it when it is open. Can you help me out? Thanks a
heap!

Erik Sund