Re: [Epic] bike upgrades & Harlequins

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 11:14:45 +0730

At 12:54 PM 5/26/97 +1000, you wrote:

>As an aside in the rules it says that LRs are used to transport the first
>company, this means that if each LRs carries one termie stand so there is
>a limit of 20 LR per chapter. So unless a large proportion of a chapter
>(or first company)
>is in the field it is unlikely that there would be more than 4-5 LRs in a
>battle.

I think in the fluff (Epic 2nd ed ?), it was mentioned that chapters do have
armoured detachments which can be used for other than transportation role.
Even so 20 LR will set you back like 700 points ! Without Termies to boot !

>> Likewise I am thinking about the Hive Tyrants - the new ones are so wimpy.
>> Maybe the HiveTyrants (the old ones) should just be called Hive Tyrant
>> Alplha - to represent their larger size and better attributes. Some
>> attributes like higher Assault Value etc.
>>

>Damn-good idea although I only have one of the old ones it would be good
>to use him/her/it as a more powerfull geneotype of the Hive Tyrant, maybe
>comparable to a greater demon? Bloodthirster :)

Glad you like, I would really like to soup that original Hive Tyrants up -
reflecting on their size. Give me about a week or so. I am not quite sure
about matching a Blood Thirster though :) Any suggestions for the name (Hive
Kings ? )

Regards
Oki