Re: [Epic] bike upgrades & Harlequins

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 15:04:32 -0500

>Two questions,
>
>1. When you upgrade a unit so it is riding a bike which stats do you use
>the best combination or what? The example in the book gives a psyker
>inquisitor on a bike now, the stats are for a hero bike, which gives an
>assault of four,and an armour of 4+ so why would you do this, give up
>assualt of 6 and armour of 5+ any other interpretations of this?

You use the Bike stats. (or in the case of ork Wierdboys the battle wagon
stats, I'm sure there are other examples of this.)

>Maybe this isn't so critcal for the inquisitor but why would you put
>Harlequins (AKA aspect warriors) on bikes?

Harlequin bikes cost the same as guardians on Bikes so have the same stats.
Just an excuse to put a snazzy paint job on some bikes really. (*shrug*)

>2. And on Harlequins why bother? I can't find any advantages to fielding
>them. Now if the rules let me field Death jesters and solitares on bikes
>that would be good.

Cheap Commanders. Harlequins can field 10 Harlequin units plus a Shadow
Seer for cheaper than 10 Aspect Warriors plus a Farseer. (again *shrug*)
Though Harlequins have less options than Aspects (no Falcons or Jump Packs
IIRC)

>3. (I know) is there any restriction on fielding eldar command detachments
>seeing as the farseer is cheaper, I'm not sure I'd bother anyway.

You can field two Eldar Supream Commanders, one Avatar (plus bodyguards)
and one Farseer (plus Bodyguards) in your army. Though the Farseer is
still an over priced commander, but its better than what the Imperial
Guards are stuck with.