Re: [Epic] Q&A 2 (and notes)

From: Staffan Raupach <z96rast_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 11:36:59 +0200

Thomas Bloom wrote:

> >>FLYERS
> >>7) If you first place your flyers on the board within range of your own
> >>flak units, and then your opponent places his interceptors on the board
> >>next to your flyers, may your flak units fire at the interceptors?
> >> a) Yes
> >> b) No. Complete all intercept actions before considering your
> >> flyers to be "on the board."
> >
> >P: The correct answer is b)
>
> *sigh* and I had a plan to actually use Fire Prism's to cover my Vampires.
> Back to the drawing board.
>
> Has anyone figured out how to actually use flak units to drive off flyers?
> It seems to me that its very difficult to use them as AA guns. In order to
> get a shot off at a flyer your AA guns would have to be pretty much on the
> front lines, wich is a trick to manage considering they need to be on
> special orders (no movement allowed) to use the flack ability.

I have an eldar tactic (i'm new to the game and have not played yet so
don't laugh)

put 3 web spinners and 2 fire prism. and some guardians. this will cover
youre artillery both with snapfire and with 2 flak units. I find it good
since if you hide yore web spinners behind something arial attack is
almost the only way of getting to them.

//staffan