Re: [Epic] Points Values

From: Patrik Carlsson <f94pc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 22:56:59 +0200

Lilley Street wrote:
> Points Values.
>
> Maybe GW point discrepancies between armies are intentional? Instead of
> being designed to make the armies "fair and equal" they are designed to
> reflect the technology and society of each race.
>
> Therefore, Land Raiders or Basilisks or whatever are cheaper or more
> expensive than other vehicles because humans have whole worlds dedicated to
> producing those machines. If Orks tried to make a Phantom Titan it would
> cost them millions of points because they do not have that sort of tech.

Of course, Ork are supposed to be shooty and not very accurate and the
army
lists should reflect this. But I thought that point values were more
equal
in E40k but GW have started with their space marine chapter bonuses
already.

Will those changes be the start for cheese in E40k or are the changes to
small for that? Maybe the game wasn't equal in the first place?
--
	Patrik Carlsson
		f94pc_at_...