RE: [Epic] Girls Vs Gaming

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 09:47:35 +1000 (EST)

>>> Now there is a sensible guy. As much as I like gaming, girls are always
>>>an
>>> easy winner over them. I'm just one of the lucky ones that married that
>>>rare
>>> thing, an understanding girl. Girlfriends are more fun then games. ;-D
>>
>> But games are easier to find :). Sigh. Where do all the people with
understaind spouses/girlfriends live? Can't be around here.

>We live in the land Down Under! My girl is very understanding, but is
>at the end of her tether at the moment as I am waiting with baited breath
>for a parcel from the U.S. to arrive and am like and excited little kid
>about it! She's getting a bit tee'd off by it all.

And Tash should not be pushed, she's dangerous. And yes, Kelvin becomes an
excited little kid all the time. My spouse is giving me THOSE looks now that
I'm playing magic again and telling her about games. Almost the same look
she gives me when I explain cricket and the email game I play in. She tries
so hard to understand, but it's taken years for her to pick up on the
intricacies of the game. But she tries.

Besides, who here on the list dosen't get excited when they get to open a
new box/blister of minnies, or a new pack of cards, or get results from a
PBM game or whatever. Isn't that part of the fun of gaming?

>-Kelvin.....

> "Boy, Elizabethan pronouns still send a
> tingle up the old spine!"
> -The Tick