RE: [Epic] Q&A 2 (and notes)

From: Peacekeeper-� <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 22:33:20 -0400

I have an eldar tactic (i'm new to the game and have not played yet so
don=
't laugh)

put 3 web spinners and 2 fire prism. and some guardians. this wi=
ll cover
youre artillery both with snapfire and with 2 flak units. I find i=
t good
since if you hide yore web spinners behind something arial attack is=

almost the only way of getting to them.

Try it. That's my suggestion. My =
group hasn't done much with the air rules yet, as the only fliers are a lot=
 of people have ThunderHawks and I have a Nightwing unit. The Nightwings do=
n't appear to be worth while. The only thing they had to fight was ThunderH=
awks, so that may be it. Air combat with the Hawks was suicidal, and the gr=
ound attack was not worth it for the points.
Observation:With the flyer da=
mage rules Thunderhawks(and any flyer with a 6 armour) are a safe investemt=
, as they are not likely to be shot down.

Q:(In Q&A Form:) If a Death Ray =
or Anti-Tank Weapon fires at a Flyer what value is used for determining if =
the flyer is damaged or destroyed. The rules role a dice, if it is less tha=
n the armour value the flyer is destroyed, otherwise it is damaged. The Ant=
i-Tank(Death ray) weapon rules stay it treats the armour of the target as a=
lways being a 4(2).

a)Roll a 4+(2+) to destroy the flyer.
b)Use the flyer=
s normal armour value.

Personally, I favor a. Weapons of that power shoul=
d destroy things rather than damaging them.