Re: [Epic] Q&A 2 (and notes)

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 97 02:01:22 EDT

At 11:29 PM 5/27/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Actually since you need to be on special orders, thus no move, you can't
>keep up with your army. Unless you buy 2 detachments and "leapfrog" them.
>Buy this time your almost better off going with some inetrcepters, or
>bombers of your own on intercept orders.
>

>It looks good on paper. Actually trying to keep your flak units in front
>of your troops to protect against fliers just means that they get shot up
>by the ground forces, then the bombers blow the hell out of you. Unless
>they come up with flak units with a much greater (60+ cm) range they are
>pretty much usless. IMHO anyway.
>
>Thomas

Well, at least for Imperial artillery pieces, special orders won't matter
that much, because they won't be moving much anyway. But I see your
point about putting flak units in other detachments. I think the reason
they made flak units hard to use is that they wanted to force the flak
units to be used as defensive measures against fliers for artillery
detachments. That's just my opinion, though.

Elias