RE: [Epic] Q&A 2 (and notes)

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 07:19:31 -0400

Well, at least for Imperial artillery pieces, special orders won't matter=

that much, because they won't be moving much anyway. But I see your
point=
 about putting flak units in other detachments. I think the reason
they ma=
de flak units hard to use is that they wanted to force the flak
units to be=
 used as defensive measures against fliers for artillery
detachments. That=
's just my opinion, though.

[James Nugent] Here is something I just thou=
ght of. If it's a stupid question, ignore it.
If a unit is on special orde=
rs, do they have to use them? Suppose you have a unit with FlaK and Artille=
ry units. You give them special orders, all other units are on overwatch.

=
a)Flak, can they only shoot at flyers or may they fire normally(as on overw=
atch. As far as I can tell there is nothing that prevents Flak from shootin=
g ground targets.)
b)Can some fire at airplanes, the rest at ground targets=
 on overwatch. (For instance you would probably hve the Flak around the out=
side of the detachment, if flyers come from one side, can the ones that don=
't fire target ground stuff?)
c)Artillary units, do they have to do a prep=
-bombardment? Can they fire instead on overwatch orders
d)Can you mix the =
two, some artillary do pre-bombardment, so do overwatch?

If these are stup=
id questions, just ignore them.

                                                -James