[Epic] Fliers in meeting engagement.

From: Anders Persson <apersson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:39:56 +0200

Dear Mail list.

Currently out group have decided not to use fliers until we have a better
understanding of the rules.
Anyway, during a recent fight an interesting situation came up that ended
in
this format:

What are the options for bomber-type fliers on ground assault mission in
the first player moving phase of the first turn of a "Meeting Engagement"?
Please remember that the enemy at this point have only placed HQ units on
the table.

a) Carry out the mission and allow only on-table units to be hit.
        HQ units will be the only targets available. The defender has nearly no
way of using flak.

b) Carry out the mission and remove casualties from the entire detachment,
not just on-table units.
        Units end up being pinned by blast markers long before they enter the
table. Flak units are still off-table.

c) Abort the mission, since it could be argued that the HQ units only
represent the point of entry, and is not a target.

Our house rule: Increase meeting engagement to 6 turns, and use no fliers
on turn one.

apersson :o)