Re: [Epic] E40K Fliers, Flak (was Q&A 2 (and notes) )

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:58:05 -0500

At 09:19 PM 5/28/97 -0700, you wrote:
>duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>
>> The problem is that most fliers have a 30cm range. This means that unless
>> your flak is the closest unit in the target detachment, you don't get a shot
>> (with 30 cm flak). The chances of an opponent chosing a board edge that
>> will cause the attacking aircraft to be closer to flak than anything else is
>> something close to zero, IMO. Eldar have it slightly better, as they can
>> actually protect units that are 15 cm away, but this is still pretty shaky.
>
>Npt quite true: You must have a flak unit within range of anywhere on
>the flight path, not neccessarily closer at the firing point.

Like I said above: >>The chances of an opponent chosing a board edge that
will cause the attacking aircraft to be closer to flak than anything else is
something close to zero, IMO.
        Maybe my somewhat limited experience is not enough to judge, but
unless you take a butt-load of flak units, hte interceptors are generally
going to work better.

>But yes, Fliers can pick off the skirmish screen with no risk to
>themselves.

Which still brings you that much closer to the breakpoint, which subtracts
morale, and also places the same number of BMs, which also subtracts morale.
Sure, there might be juicier units, but it's still very effective and
virtually risk-free.

Temp