Re: [Epic] [Epic 40k] New Space Wolf units

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:57:36 -0500

At 09:12 AM 5/28/97 +0730, you wrote:

>A few interesting points though.
>The White Scars :
>- chaplains are called Brother Priest.
>- no Armour Detachment, though it can have tanks in support.
>- captains (Khan) can upgrade to Land Speeder (Hero) for free.
>
>The Space Wolves :
>- Space Wolves adds an additional +1 to their assault value.
>- Wolf Guard termies can upgrade to heavy weapons (+6 points)
>- Blood claws has Rampage added in, in addition of Assault and Space Wolves
>(cost pts).
>
>The Death Company
>- has Assault, Save, Rampage
>- led by Chaplain (Hero)
>
>There is an interesting statement made by the author of the article. "Like
>the Ravenwing, this (ability) enables the White Scars to excel at particular
>types of attacks, but is useful rather than powerful."

And I suppose "useful" and "powerful" are somehow mutually exclusive? How
absurd.

Incidentally, I dont' care if someone wants to use these powers, but the
first time they show up with a SW terminator stand w/ heavy weapons, White
Scar infantry, a DA Ravenwing, and a BA death company they're gonna get some
dice up their bung. If you want to use special abilities froma particular
chapter, then you better stick with the chapter exclusively, i.e. no White
Scar infantry supported by Ultramarine armor detachments.

Temp