Re: [Epic] Q&A 2 (and notes)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:12:58 -0500

Thomas Bloom wrote:

> >Well, it depends on what you use the flak cover for, I guess. I think of
> >flak units protecting artillery pieces more than anything else. Sure,
> >your infantry detachments are going to get shot up a bit, but them's
> >the breaks, I guess. The Eldar actually have it pretty good, as their
> >flak units can actually keep up with everything else in their army,
> >_and_ shoot farther,
>
> Actually since you need to be on special orders, thus no move, you can't
> keep up with your army. Unless you buy 2 detachments and "leapfrog" them.

Duh. This, quite possible by design, a reflection of how ADA units work
in real life. AAA guns don't fire on the move. "Bonding Overwatch" is
how ADA units are suppose to move to protect a mobile target.

I spent 10 years of my life as an Air Defender, and I don't have a
problem with how the Flak rules work in E40K, aside of the some what
short ranges.

Well, I do have a problem with the lack of SAM systems, but I am working
on some rules for them, along with engineers and smoke rounds for arty.