Re: [Epic]Lifta Droppas

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 08:41:36 +1000 (EST)

>I refuse to defend games workshop on the issue of making logical sense.
>I would however, note that the premise of titans (and lifta-droppas) is
>fairly ridiculous to begin with.
>
>I do however think that the rules on p.34, p.41 are pretty clear and
>that a damaged war machine can be dropped; the lifta droppa rolls higher
>than a targets DC and DC is reduced by damage.

In the battle report from White Dwarf 208, Jervis shoots at the Bunker with
the Lifta Droppa on the Gargant and they state that he needs 4+ to hit and
destroy it. Yet not too much earlier he shoots at it and gains two hits,
which I assume would leave it with only 1 Damage left (they state it starts
with three). But after hitting it twice, Jervis still needs a 4+ to kill it
which seems to say that the intention of the Lifta Droppa was to roll over
the starting damage capacity. Does that help?

-Kelvin.....

      "Boy, Elizabethan pronouns still send a
             tingle up the old spine!"
                  -The Tick