Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 14:41:12 -0400

Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> > What? It's still in print, which is more than you could say
> > about Blood Bowl or Man O War. Hell, they just released a new book
> > (of reprints) for it. Just because they're not releasing a steady
> > stream of new figs doesn't mean the game is dead.
>
> The word Scott missed out here was "yet."

        Perhaps, but statement I was responding to was along
the lines of, "GW said Necro was going to be a permanent part
of its lineup, and look where it is now." Right now, the game
is still in print. Even if it's going to be revsied 2 years
down the road, if it stays in print until then it's doing a
heck of a lot better than GW's other sideline games.

> GW has a 2 year cycle on the non-core games, and 4-yearly revisions of
> the core games. Necromunda IS dead, it just ain't stopped twitching
> yet. And in 2 years time, E0k will go the same way.

        It was my understanding that they were planning on
tunring Epic into one of the 'core' games. In any case, I've
been playing Space Marine for more than 2 years, and E40k is
the first revision in that time (TL doesn't count, it added
a whopping 3 new rules and still depended on previous supplements
to play). *shrug*

Scott
shupes_at_...