Re: [Epic] more thoughts on special chapters

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 14:43:56 -0400

Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> > Also, the Death company are a bit too cheesy
> > for my liking - space marines with assualt, save and rampage are a bit too
> > good, especially for only 20 points! Give them jump packs, and your away...
>
> Again, they cost an extra 5 points over standard marines. A fair deal
> on the face of it. (and is rampage really advisable for small
> detachments?)

        I think it's the 'save' ability that's the real problem.
Even if the death company lose in hth it's only going to lose half
the stands it normally would (plus the stands have a good chance
of surviving until they get into hth).

        Hey, here's an interesting question - what happens when a
unit with Save & Rampage gets caught by the enemy? Does it still
get its save?

Scott
shupes_at_...