Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 18:09:24 -0700

A. Allen McCarley wrote:
<snip>
> I wonder if GW might have been guilty of "Astartes-ization" when writing their
> chain of command rules. (Kind of like being guilty of anthropomorphizing
> when discussing animal behavior.) That is, thinking of the marines when
> writing the rules, and thus writing rules that work perfectly for the marines.
> I was guilty of this when I wrote up my first set of campaign rules.
<more snip>

I think this is definitely the case. Marines in power armor stomping
over everything was the Rogue Trader vision. Every army created since
then have been pop up targets for the marines to mow down.

Looking at the IG TO&E and trying to decide how large an IG detachment
could possibly be, am I right in reading that up to 45 sentinels can be
taken as support for one detachment?