Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 19:29:15 -0700

Sean Smith wrote:

> Mark by the way, there is a flaw in the article I posted. Ogryns
> can't use Chrimeras. This means they are, of course, not very mobile.
> So IG tactical troopers in Chrimeras could prove useful. The trick is
> support Infantry Detachments with IG tactical troopers as their main
> force with one or two armour detachments which have hellhound as their
> main force. This gives you mobile infantry assault force. Just
> treat the IG tactical as the cannonfodder, that takes the casualties
> instead of the hellhounds, while the hellhounds do the real work.

Two rather insignificant questions.

Although ogryns cannot take chimeras themselves, what prevents them as
infantry from using chimeras as transport? Say for example I took a
chimera with each of 8 hvy weapons units, could I not use 4 chimeras to
transport the heavies, and the other 4 to carry 8 ogryn units?

Do you have any comments about imperial sentinels. I just realized that
the IG are allowed up to 9 units of 1-5 sentinels as support. To what
use would you put 45 walkers?

-Lemm