Re: [Epic] [Epic40K] 1000pt Eldar Army list for critique

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:13:54 -0400

James:

James Nugent wrote:

"[James Nugent] Oh dear, I think I sense a primarch question here.
They rules seem to indicate that say you have a detachment of 5 stands.
To add a commander you can buy a 'special' commander stand or just make
a normal stand the commander, but either way you have to pay the 25
points. [James Nugent] This gives the ridiculusly high cost of the
farseer. [James Nugent] So you would have 5 stands. "

As I explained to Temp, I was about as clear as mud. Both he and I
agree that the commander stand is separate from the 'main force',
whether you buy it as a dark reaper upgrade, farseer, whatever. I mean
5 dark reapers (one in the command slot) + the scout that was in the
detachment. Total of 6 stands.

Anyway, take a look at WD 209 and you'll see that in the designed
detachments the command stand is a separate slot outside of the "10
main force" or "5 main force" slots.

p.s. I think we all know your name by now. ;-)

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius