Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 12:12:33 -0500

>>Aaron P Teske wrote:
>>
>> Well, I'm nearly caught up with the list (was 400+ messages behind,
>> until tonight), and just saw that Allen posted some Squat rules. So,
>> without further ado, I'm going to toss the ones I've been working on out
>> to the wolves.

>Alan
>
>General Comment: Troop types Better than my own, esp ExoArmour. Like the
>2xHvy Weapons. Not so keen on Gyrocopter specials. KISS.

I like the ExoArmour, don't like all the special rules.

>The organisations I'm less thrilled with. (Why? I'm still working on
>that, but basically too many special restrictions). I suspect somewhere
>between the current web definition, your definition, plus my tunnellers,
>we could have a good basis for GW making E40K (and hence 40K) squats
>early.

I agree. If you use Alans organization lists, just put your ExoArmour
troops in somewhere. Maybe similer to the Hearthguard, max one squad (two
units) per detachment in the mainforce lists, or 4 units max as bodyguards
to a supream commander. Give 'em Rapid Fire and charge 19 points each.

Aaron's seem to have too many special rules for my tastes. I'm going to
TRY and playtest this this weekend. I'll use mostly Alan's ideas with my
playgroups changes. I'll post results.