Re: [Epic] Guard tactics-orgyns

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 20:54:54 -0700

KAYJAY77_at_... wrote:

> The part about orgyns in Chimeras brings up a question - Can units in one
> detachment ride on/in vehicles of another ? Specifically my battle fortress
> can carry 4 boyz but a battle fortress can only be in a det of all battle
> fortresses.

YES. Emphatically. Otherwise
a) Thunderhawks couldn't carry troops
b) Imperator Titans couldn't carry troops
c) Battlefortresses couldn't carry troops

also:
there are a number of places in the rules that state this - such as Book
3 comments on what speed to use when one detachment is being transported
by another Battles p15, what happens with artillery barrages when they
fall on one detachment that's currently transporting another)- Battles
p111, etc.

p15
"A detachment which is transporting another detachment (such as a
transport flyer or a war engine for example)....."

p111
"A good example is infantry that has just dismounted from their
(seperate detachment) transports."

Meanwhile, there seems to be no restriction on Orgryn in Chimerae, but
as per Terminators, I'd say a house rule of 1 for 2 would be in order.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture