Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- After Review:

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 14:00:32 -0400

Alan Brain wrote:

> 4. Fliers
> This is a mess. But after seeing the pros and cons written by various
> people, the Rocket-Propelled Zeppelin, ie Flier Overlord,

        This is almost too silly for words - battle zeppelins
racing onboard, bombing ground targets, and then racing off
again?

> is looking
> better and better to me. Just from a Game Balance perspective. The
> Gyrocopter may or may not be counted as a flier as well,

        Seems like a really decent candidate to me. Although
just giving the Squats a new figher-bomber unit is an even
better idea - you could even use the old lunchbox thunderhawks
as models! (not that you really need models for flyers or
anything)

> but the complex
> rules re Gasbags that have been proposed seem to be worse even
> than the SM2 rules. Keep It Simple, Stupid!

        It doesn't really look like there would be any way
to have the overlord and not introduce some kind of specials.
I think the best solution would be to have 1 new rule, to
represent the whole floating-above-the-battlefield bit. The
gasbags can be represented in enough normal ways (save, high
DC, whatever) that there's no need to have more special
rules for that.

Scott
shupes_at_...