Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squats -- different list

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 14:04:38 -0400

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Assault 3 is also a tad high, IMO, though I guess they do have the same
> WS as a Space Marine. But if you slow 'em down, they'll never get to
> use it... and besides, Orks only have an AF of 2. <shrug> Must be the
> armour. Or just GW and it's usual hard-on for Marines.

        Yep. The Assault factor in Epic (both versions) has to
include the effectiveness of the unit's armor, in addition to
other factors (skill, weapons, etc), since armor saves are not
allowed in close combat. While in 40k, you do get armor saves-
merely beating a model in HTH doesn't mean much unless you are
capable of hurting it.

Scott
shupes_at_...